Built in 1895 this Winthrop estate sits grandly on 20 Acres with over 500′ of water frontage on Lake Annabessacook in the Belgrade Lakes Region. The homes’ 5 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths make up only a portion of the 4200 sqft masterpiece. Formal living room, family room and custom designer kitchen encompass the first floor with a grand staircase exuding craftsman detail. Featured in Maine Home and Design© Magazine in 2009 the home’s once back porch has been turned into the heart of the home with finishes and appliances any cook to culinary master will love.
The current owners purchased the property and brought it to back to life with multiple updates, restorations, and improvements. Upon researching the home’s previous owners it was verified that Edward T. Stanley, one of the founders of Stanley Tool Works© was indeed of of the original owners of the property. Marked trees and trails encompass the expansive 20 acre wooded lot, making it one of the only unbroken original parcels from the 1800′s.